Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ollie, Ollie Oxen Free

I love, yes I still love the sound of that cry, Ollie, Ollie Oxen Free.  Hide and Seek, my favorite game when I was a young girl and my favorite game, still, to play with my grandchildren. 
I love the thrill of finding the perfect place to hide and then trying as hard as you can to not make a sound.  The thrill of having the "finder" walk right by your hiding place and wanting to giggle in delight, can't be beat.
The call of Ollie, Ollie Oxen Free and knowing that you are the last person still hiding. Okay, so I'm playing  hide and seek against 6 year olds, doesn't matter, the feeling is the same.
My only issue is playing with my 4 year old granddaughter who just doesn't quite get the concept of the game.   She gets so excited that just after the game starts she is hollering for the finder to find her. 
Me....I will stay in hiding until the last grandchild has had to go home and take a nap.
I know this all sounds childish, but I can't seen to help it.  I love hide and seek.
Hide and seek....best game ever invented.  Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment