Monday, January 16, 2012

The Remote and The Man

I adore my husband,  you should all know him.  He is funny - funny to me, weird to others, he is generous to a fault, he's very smart and he's the hardest worker that I know.
However.....I rue the day that he discovered the remote control all those many years ago.
There are two things that my husband is not. One, he is not electronically inclined (I know, I have no room to talk) and two, he has very little patience.
He holds the remote control and points it at the tv and he thinks that because the remote is pointed at the tv it should be doing what he wants it to do.  When the remote does not do what he wants it to do he rants that the stupid remote never works right.  It used to drive me nuts.  Now I just ask him to let me try and I do it with a smile on my face and and laughter begging to spew out of my mouth.  Now, I know that the remote is not working  for him because he is pressing the wrong button, but there is no telling him that because he knows that he is pressing the right button.
Well, when he hands me the remote and I press the "right" button and it actually works, I simply say, "sometimes it takes the receiver a little bit of time to catch up to the button".  Now, you and I know that makes no sense, but....he seems to like my explanation so I think I'll just keep using it (with a smile on my face).

1 comment:

  1. What is it with remotes and the male gender?! It drives me crazy. When it doesn't work for Blake, he bangs it on the couch or table. No wonder it doesn't work!!!

    ReplyDelete