Thursday, January 31, 2013

Can Life Get Anymore Ridiculous?

My husband owns his own business, he has an office in our home.
Seeing that his office is in our home we have people coming and going quite a bit.  Actually, it's mostly family, but they come and go.
Well, yesterday was a day to remember.
Without warning our front door burst open and crazy men with black masks and automatic weapons came running through the open door.  We had nowhere to hide, no convenient desk to climb under so there was only one thing to do.
I pushed past the half dozen armed terrorists and ran straight to  my sewing room.  I grabbed my sewing scissors, ran back to where the armed men were holding my family and I successfully subdued them with my pinking sheers.  Wow, it's a good thing I just had my sewing scissors sharpened!

Now, I don't mean to make light of all the horrific events of late that have involved gunmen.  It breaks my heart to know that so many lives have been taken and there are others who may never recover emotionally.
But the ridiculous commercial that Homeland Security put out was totally offensive to me.  I just wish they would put out a commercial that helps us to understand that we have the power to protect ourselves and our families, not even neccessarily with guns, but certainly not with scissors.

No comments:

Post a Comment