Monday, February 4, 2013

Too Much Animal Planet?

Is there anything such as too much Animal Planet?  Until Saturday night I would have said, "absolutely not!"
I couldn't sleep at all Saturday night so I got up, went into the den and turned on the tv.  There wasn't anything I wanted to watch so I decided to watch something I had recorded.  Ah ha, Animal Planet, one of my favorite channels.  I have an episode of Infested recorded so that's what I decided to watch. 
I am not a really squeemy person, I can take a lot  At least I used to think I could take a lot.  This episode was about three different families who had different infestations.  One was brown widow spiders.  I never even knew there was such a thing, believe me there is!  Another family was infested with scorpions, ewwwhhhh.  That's a whole other post.  Then there was the mother and her young daughter.  They started hearing noises that they couldn't explain.  Then they saw peanuts all over the walkways and yard and then they saw THEM.
They were everywhere and multiplying by the hundreds in the garage.  Have you ever seen a baby rat.  Man, are they ugly.  My apologies to rat lovers, I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  My eye did not behold beauty.
The mom finally was able to find out that her neighbor was feeding peanuts to squirrels, hence the rats, they do love anything peanuty apparently.
The mom very politely explained her horrible rat situation to the neighbor and the neighbor refused to stop feeding the squirrels (I think the neighbor must have felt some sort of kinship to them).
Long story short, right......the city got involved and the rats were taken care of.  And in deference to the rat lovers I will not go into detail about the extermination process.
Well, I finally went to bed but I still couldn't sleep.  I was very tired but the rats and the scorpions crawling all over me all night kept me from sleeping.  And when I did doze off I heard them.  So, I ask myself is watching shows like Infested, Hoarders, and Fatal Attractions worth it?  I have decided........yes.



1 comment:

  1. I watch a lot of things . . . but just the commercials of Infested totally grossed me out. there is no way I'd ever watch it. And I think you misspoke - - you said in deference to rat lovers. Seriously? You honestly thing there are rat lovers in the world?!!!

    I love your new profile, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete