Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Swearing is in the Mind of the Beholder

The other day I was at the elementary school picking up my grandson when I ran into a friend.  She was there picking up her 5 year old.   We exchanged pleasantries and then she told me that she was thinking of putting a disclaimer on her facebook page.  So, this is getting interesting.  This woman is one of the nicest, most genuine people I know.  I'm very anxious to hear what she has to disclaim, and then she tells me.  On Sunday in her daughter's Primary class they were talking about using bad language, swearing.  And  how it was bad.  Well, she told the entire Primary that her mom swears all the time (Idon't think she has even ever said the word crap).  Of course my friend was aghast, she has never used a swear word in her entire life and she tells her daughter that.  This is how her daughter responded....."but mom, you swear all the time,  you are always saying I swear".  As relieved as my friend was, still the entire Primary thinks that she swears like a sailor.

1 comment: