Friday, May 18, 2012

Relax, Pick Up a Paintbrush

Steve and I went for a drive this morning.  We had to go to Walker Basin.  Walker Basin is about an hour and a half from where we live.  He needed to make a couple of paint bids.  I enjoy going with him, I'm always up for a drive.

Now Walker Basin is really pretty, but it also reminds me a little bit of, you know, that banjo movie where the men are floating down the river?  It'll come to  me.  Let's just say, I wouldn't want my car to break down in Walker Basin.  But, at least I always have my pepper spray handy, although it is about 15 years old.  Will it still work, do you think?

Okay, my sister just old me, the movie is Deliverance.  Well, I feel better.

Anyway, on the way home I saw the best thing.  And if I was brave, or forward enough I would have stopped and taken a picture.  My husband is a painter so he really appreciated this scene.

Now, picture this.....Walker Basin is filled with all sorts of houses, but a lot of them are old, run down places that may possibly have been old mining shacks.  As we approach the property there is a man doing some yard work, he looks kind of old.  At the other end of the property is a woman sitting in a white plastic chair.  She's sitting in front of a run down fence and she's talking on the phone.  On closer inspection she's also doing something else.  She has a paintbrush in her other hand, painting the fence.  Now why can't Steve paint sitting down while he's talking to me on the phone.....it can be done, I've seen it.

Don't you love people who can multitask?

No comments:

Post a Comment