Thursday, May 31, 2012

My "New" Flintstone Chair

I have mentioned my wonderful WSU chair before.  I love it and it cost me a whopping $5.00.  And we carted it all the way from Idaho to boot.  This chair has a special place in my heart.
BUT...I bought a new sofa on Saturday, it's red and my plum chair just didn't match so I needed to change it's color.  It went from red to plum with the help of fabric paint, but I'm thinking, boy, I'm going to need an awful lot of fabric paint and that can get pretty expensive, may as well buy a new chair, right?
But, the lightbulb came on soooo brightly....I know what I'll do.  I'll paint it with acrylic spray paint.  Ever used acrylic spray paint on fabric furniture?  Don't.  Because now I have a yellowish red, rock hard Fred Flintstone chair.  It is not a pretty sight, and my bum hurts from trying to sit on it.

2 comments:

  1. haha - acrylic paint? I would never have thought of that - - guess there's a reason for that, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what they say about the best laid plans, I think the acrylic spray painted fabric furniture is what they had in mind.

      Delete