Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Storybrook, Maine

I really enjoy television.  And one the my favorites is a new show on this season called "Once Upon a Time".  If you have ever seen it you will know all about Storybrook, Maine and their mayor, Regina.  Regina is from another time, she's actually the wicked queen who wants Snow White dead.
This last episode Mayor Regina, aka wicked queen, said something that gave me pause.  "Everyone has a dark side" says the evil queen.  And who would know better than she?  Rumpelstiltskin even said, "there's not cure for what she's got".  He wasn't actually referring to the evil queen, but it seemed to fit her so well.
So I started to think about my dark side, I don't really like to think I have a dark side but I think the queen was right.  I thought I'd share my dark side with you, so here it goes.
1.  I actually celebrate when Oprah gains back the weight she bragged so much about losing.  I delight in her "fatness".   I know that's mean, but I can't seem to help myself.
2.  I covet my neighbors beach house.  As far as I know my neighbor doesn't really have a beach house, but if she did I would covet it for sure.  I know that's a sin, I'm working on it.
3.  I'm not that crazy about other peoples children.  I never did enjoy tending them.  I guess I don't really not like them, I just don't want to have to be with them for any length of time.
4.  Bunny rabbits...they are cute and all but they are also poopy.  I like to look at them but I sure don't want one for a pet.  The only rabbit I'm really crazy about is the Easter bunny and only because he brings Reese Peanut Butter Eggs.
5.  I love Walmart, but I get terribly impatient with the other people who are shopping there at the same time I am.  Sometimes I actually want to run my cart into someone.  Now, I know that's really mean and I have never actually done it but the feeling is still there.
That's my short list, I could go on but you get the idea.  Now, you may say that you don't have a dark side and I certainly won't dispute that, at least to your face, but I think you are only fooling yourself.  I know one of the nicest people in the world and believe it or not, she has a dark side too.  I think we should embrace our dark sides, otherwise we would all be perfect and perfectly boring.

3 comments:

  1. We LOVE that show! I don't know why, but I really don't like Charming/David. But I love the dwarfs, and I like Henry. Next week looks kind of weird, I think. The Mad Hatter?! And as far as dark sides, I think you saw mine this morning when talking about Obama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about Charming/David, he's just wishy, washy. And he has no faith in Mary Margaret/Snow. Shame on him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you love Oprah's fattiness. Ha. So funny.

    ReplyDelete