Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"You First"

I don't know if anyone else feels this way but this is absolutely one of my biggest driving pet peeves. I'm going to preface this by saying that as of Sunday I'm trying not to think terrible thoughts about the people who do this anymore. And believe me, my thoughts were not nice. Okay, this is it. My pet peeve is those people who, when you get to a four way or even two way stop they wave you on. Now you could get there first or you could get there last and they still wave you on.Who the heck made them the "you go first" police? If I got there first there is no need to wave me on, because believe me I am going to take my proper turn, which is before you. If you got there first then, doggonit, just go and take your turn. I don't want you to think you can tell me when my turn is. I haven't had a traffic ticket since I was 17 years old and I am considerably older than that now. I have always passed my driving tests, I know the rules! It's kind of like this; you get in line at the grocery store and someone gets in line behind you. They tap you on the shoulder and tell you " you can go ahead and go before me". Well, no kidding. Since I was here first I had every intention of going before you. But if you are there first, I'm not going to shove you aside and get in front of you, I don't care if you do wave me on. My thoughts go to someplace mean when people do that to me at a stop sign. I really want to just sit there and see what happens. Will they just sit there waving me on and not go until I do? Will they just sit there scratching their head because they don't know what to do? Well, I'm not going to do that and I'm doing my best to not think those mean things anymore. At church on Sunday we had a wonderful talk about looking at the positive and not saying unkind things or thinking unkind thoughts, so I am reforming, really I am. And if I meet you at a four way stop and you wave me on I am simply going to go and wave to you and smile as we pass each other.

1 comment: