Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"See Janie Say a Bad Word"

Rachel had an appointment in Bakersfield yesterday so I went along for the ride and to keep Janie company while Rachel was taking care of her appointment. I'm always up for a trip to Bakersfield. Yes, my life is really that dull.

While Rachel was inside taking care of one of her appointments Janie and I were in the waiting room, waiting. In the waiting room with us were two small hispanic boys, one looked as if he was about Janies age. They were talking and having a good time when I noticed that the little guy kept touching and stoking Janies hair. It's red and beautiful and it is hard to resist. His brother saw that I had noticed his brother's hair fetish and tells me "my brother likes hair". Okay. Maybe you had to be there, but it really was funny.

Well, we say goodbye to hair fetish boy and his brother and leave for another appointment. This time, since it was only going to take a few minutes, Janie and I decided to stay in the car.

This was our conversation:

Janie: I'm going to say a bad word

Grandma: No you aren't

Janie: Yes, I am. I'm going to say a bad word.

Grandma: You are not going to say a bad word.

Janie: Actually, Grandma, I am going to say a bad word.

So she proceeded to say her "bad word"

Janie: Oh my gosh. I told you!

She is not supposed to use that expression so she thinks it is a bad word. I really hope that that is the only "bad word" that ever crosses her lips. So now I have vowed not to say my bad word (at least in front of Janie)........Oh crap I just knocked over my glass. It's okay, Janie's not here.

No comments:

Post a Comment