Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Four Way Stop Hand Wave

One of my biggest driving pet peeves is that four way stop sign hand wave. You know the one. At least two of you get to the stop sign nearly the same time, but you were paying attention, you know who's turn it is to go. You got there last so you wait. But no one goes. So you wait . Still one one moves.....until that driver waves you through the intersection like he has "the power". Well, who is he ,anyway, to tell you when to go when you already know that it's his turn, not yours?



Worse yet, though, is that driver who gets to the intersection after you do. It's your turn, you know it is. But you are a safe driver you wait a second just to make sure no cars are screeching through the intersection. Still, he gives you that hand wave that says I have the power to make you go even though you already know it's your turn.



Next time I get that hand wave I'm not going anywhere. I am going to open my book and get those cookies and soda out of my grocery bag and wait for everyone else to decide who's turn it is.

1 comment:

  1. Jon always says, 'Don't make eye contact.' and he doesn't he just puts his head down and waits for someone else to go.

    ReplyDelete